I have caught myself thinking is all this training and eating right worth it? I come up with the same answer every time. YES! I enjoy the working out, I really do enjoy the eating plan. I enjoy the process it takes and determination it takes to get on that stage and show how far you have come. It doesn't matter if you get 1st place or 15th place. Just to have made the effort that it takes to even step on that stage is worth it. I also have enjoyed the wonderful man that is traning me (my hubby). We have come to so much closer through working out together. Its not right for everyone, but it is for us.
I have always had a pretty low self esteem when it comes to body image. I think it started when I was 17 and "The pregant girl" in high school. All my friends were still skinny and no worries and here I was with a baby. It may sound a little cliche but I think every teen mother goes through the same thought. I have to say, I had the very best support system from my family and my sweet man. The man of that sweet little baby (now 8) is also my wonderful husband of 8 years and now have a 3 year old little boy as well. They helped me get through all my ups and downs!!
9 or so years later (now), I am in better shape than I have ever been, have a wonderful life and love the fact that I have an 8 year old little girl at age 27. All thanks to the One Above. There is no way in this world I deserve the amazing life I do have. But, because He died for us and rose again I can have something I don't deserve. One day I will get to help another girl through her situation because of mine. God has given me a wonderful testimony to share with others. AND THE PERFECT little family. :)
So...where is this going?, well my self esteem is still low. i think it is something I need to suck up and let go. Why do us girls think we have to be perfect, to look like this girl or that girl. God gave us a body to love and we should treat it like we do. I right now, am working hard to accomplish my next goal and that is to compete in my next bodybuilding show (bikini division) in my HOME town! This, to me is HUGE, not only will I have the support of my family that can usually attend the shows, I will have the support of others that Love me and support me, but don't have a clue to what it is I do and what it is I love about the bodybuilding sport. There will be people at this show that has never attended or thought of attending a show but are there to support me. I want to not only make them proud but I want to be proud of myself. So all in all, I want to "Bring it" to this show. I want to do my best in every way. INCLUDING a positive self esteem. It takes confidence and belief to get to where you want to go in not only this sport but in life.
Thanks to all of you that are supporting me through this journey! I can't wait to see what it brings!! I hope I wrote this in a way you can understand, :) LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment